Full Time | Alert Bay
Deadline: Position Open Until Filled
Reporting to the Accounting Supervisor, the Payroll Clerk’s primary responsibilities are administering payroll and benefits for all ‘Namgis employees, reporting and filing WCB reports, petty cash, back-up for counter deposit and receipting.
Specific job responsibilities include –
- Payroll Administration
- Processes bi-weekly payroll.
- Ensures compliance with all statutory reporting and payment requirements (taxes, employment insurances, Canada Pension Plan, Workers’ Compensation Board, ISC, etc…).
- Prepares record of employment, as required, and needed.
- Benefit Administration
- Orients new hires of benefits and ensures that required forms are signed and submitted for ‘Namgis First Nation and affiliated nation companies when requested.
- Respond to benefit inquires and associated costs.
- Worksafe BC
- Handle all workplace injury reports and file necessary form with Worksafe BC; and
- Remits all required forms to Worksafe BC.
- Petty Cash Custodian
- Disburses payments, through the petty cash, which are within the ‘Namgis First Nation policies and procedures; and
- Submits request for replenishment of petty cash fund once a month.
- Management of the tracking of monthly expenses on spreadsheets.
- Other accounting or general duties within the accounting department with short-term tasks when operational requirements call for it.
- Minimum of Grade 12 completion
- Accounting, payroll or bookkeeping certificate or diploma
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and to work autonomously.
- Good attention to details
- Trustworthy and good work ethics
- Quick learner
Compensation is based on the ‘Namgis Salary Grid and starts at $43,109.00/year
Position will commence November 2023 and end August 30, 2024
If interested, please submit your covering letter and resume (open until filled)to:
Namgis First Nation, PO Box 210, Alert Bay, BC V0N 1A0, or
by email to: email@example.com
(We thank you for your interest, however, only short listed applicants will be contacted)