Full Time | Alert Bay
Wastewater Operator/Public Works Field Worker
Deadline: June 14th, 2023 at 4:30 PM PST
POSITION SUMMARY: Duties include the responsibility to operate and maintain all systems, infrastructure and carry out all duties necessary to the ongoing operaion of the wastewater plant. Additional duties include the maintenance of the wastewater collection and water distribution system and assist with any related public works duties as required.
• Inspect daily worksheet and carry out any assigned tasks
• Check Sewer Plant monitors
• Take flow readings and rake off headworks screen
• Take PH and D.O. with portable meters
• Check sludge depth
• Adjust D.O. and sludge waste as needed
• Check U.V. lights
• Bag waste every 3 weeks
• Transport bagged waste to 7 Mile pit as required
• Maintain compound and surrounding area of plant
• Take weekly samples and send to the lab. Results are to be sent to I.N.A.C. and the plant operators
• Check collection system and maintain as required
• Maintain water distribution system as required
• Operate Backhoe and Excavator and Dump truck as required
• Maintain inventory of machinery, equipment and assist in any repairs that are required.
• Assist in any Public Works tasks that are required.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Five years of related experience in operating wastewater treatment plant of completion of recognized Water and Wastewater Program. At least one years’ experience at operating heavy equipment and the maintenance and repair of mechanical equipment.
Must have grade 12 and have OR be willing to obtain Wastewater Treatment Level 2 certification from a Provincially accredited certifying body. Must also have a Class 5 Motor Vehicle Operator’s License.
UNUSUAL JOB FEATURES:
Overtime, weekend and rotational work schedule is required.
You may submit a covering letter and resume to email@example.com, or by hand delivery to the ‘Namgis Administration Office at 49 Atli Road.
The deadline for applications is June 14, 2023 at 4:30 pm PST