Full Time | Alert Bay
Deadline: June 9th, 2023 at 4:30 PM PST
JOB SUMMARY: We are seeking to hire a Landscaper for seasonal term employment. Reporting to the Public Works Supervisor, the Landscaper is responsible for maintaining and regular upkeep of reserve land grounds at all ‘Namgis buildings, Cormorant Island Learning Centre, Yalis, graveyards, boardwalk, and all public roads and walkways.
Applicants must be physically able to operate equipment, to lift and carry loads which may be heavy from time to time and to walk, crouch, climb in an outdoor environment in different weather conditions.
• Ensuring that the grounds at all offices, buildings, including T’lisalagi’lakw School, the Cormorant Island Learning Centre and Yalis, are maintained regularly and as required
• Ensuring that soccer fields, gardens and graveyards are mowed, landscaped watered, fertilized and otherwise maintained regularly and as required
• Ensuring that equipment is well maintained and that repairs are reported and effected in a timely manner
• Reporting potential hazards to the Public Works Supervisor as soon as reasonably possible
• Ensuring that all related work is carried out safely including equipment operation and the use of Personal Protective Equipment as appropriate
• Previous experience working outdoors in a related capacity
• Experience with landscaping equipment i.e. weedeater, lawn mower, etc.
• Valid drivers’ licence
• First Aid is an asset
• Demonstrated ability to work in a physically demanding work environment
You may submit a covering letter and resume to email@example.com, or by hand delivery to the ‘Namgis Administration Office at 49 Atli Road.
The deadline for applications is June 09, 2023 at 4:30 pm PST