Full Time | Alert Bay
Fisheries Office Assistant (FOA)
Deadline: Position Open Until Filled
POSITION SUMMARY: To assist the Aquatic Resources Manager (ARM) in the coordination, administration and monitoring of ‘Namgis fisheries.
REPORTS TO: NR Director, and Aquatic Resources Manager
- Under the direction of the Aquatic Resources Manager, assists in the operational administration of ‘Namgis Fisheries including:
- Maintenance of required statistical and field records.
- Administration and monitoring of ‘Namgis Food, Social and Ceremonial (FSC) permits.
- Liaison with Fisheries and Oceans technical staff and other agency staff as appropriate
- Assists, as directed, in the implementation of fisheries related research activities.
- Participation in ‘Namgis team research and related projects
- Undertake training as assigned.
- Other duties as required by the Natural Resources Director, and/or the Administrator.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in fisheries management or a related field
- Familiarity with the Aboriginal Fisheries Strategy and related agreements
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills`
- Computer skills and familiar with Microsoft Office products
- Ability to engage with ‘Namgis members, the general public, and DFO officials in a courteous manner.
- Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent
- Certificate or diploma in administration, data management or related field
Please supply a cover letter and resume’ and send to email@example.com
Salary range; $43,109 up to $50,151
This position will remain open until filled.
Only those short listed will be contacted.